PDA

View Full Version : John (Jacko) Swain

Ianmac
18-01-16, 17:23
We have been informed today that John (Jacko) Swain who served onboard Lowie as a Killick Stoker [LM(E)] during the 63-65 commission has 'crossed the bar'

Jacko attended our 2013 reunion at Stafford meeting up with a number of old mess-mates from his time onboard, regrettably ill-health prevented him from attending any further reunions.

Our sincere condolences go to his wife Jean and family.

RIP Jacko

4554...........................................455 5

loftysmudge
18-01-16, 20:29
RIP Jacko, watch done. I'm so glad he managed to attend the 2013 reunion, when 4 of us Stoker's, Mick Drake, Pusser Hill, myself and Jacko were together again for the 1st time since 1964 when I left Lowie. Condolences to Jean and all Jacko's family.

Richie
18-01-16, 21:28
Didnt know the name but recognise his pic and had a long chat with him at the dinner, RIP Sailor

thomash123
19-01-16, 00:38
RIP mate, thoughts are with your family.

bonzo
19-01-16, 18:36
Rip Jacko. Several good men gone already this year. Sad to hear the news.

IFG
20-01-16, 17:54
RIP Stokes.

Jock Dickson
26-01-16, 13:16
Posted on behalf of Mick Drake. I would like to pay my respects to Jacko & Jacko’s family and to say how sorry I was to receive the call from Jean (Jacko’s Widow) informing me that my Friend, Shipmate & fellow Watch Keeper during the second commission had crossed the bar.
I was so pleased that after a period of some 48 years to meet up with him again at the Stafford Reunion and that it had been a pleasure to have kept in touch with him and his good wife ever since.
Sleep tight my friend, your watch is now over & your log sheet is marked accordingly.

loftysmudge
27-01-16, 14:58
Like Mick I was very pleased to to meet up with Jacko again at the Stafford reunion. Jacko always seemed to have a smile on his face a nd was a pleasure to work to be on watch with, as a buff stoker he helped me along the way.

RIP Jacko, you were a good man.

Ianmac
31-01-16, 14:05
Jacko's funeral will take place at 1300 Monday 1st Feb at Salisbury Crematorium.
Request mourners wear bright clothing. There will be a gathering afterwards for drinks & eats. all are welcome.

loftysmudge
31-01-16, 15:26
Thanks for that Ian, wish I could go to pay my last respects to him.

loftysmudge
01-02-16, 11:09
I will have a little quiet thought for Jacko at 1300 today.

revbluejeans
05-02-16, 21:58
So sorry to read of Jacko's death in the latest Lowdown. I remember him from my time as an honorary member of the stoker's messdeck and am sorry that I missed the opportunity to catch up in Stafford.

loftysmudge
05-02-16, 22:56
So sorry to read of Jacko's death in the latest Lowdown. I remember him from my time as an honorary member of the stoker's messdeck and am sorry that I missed the opportunity to catch up in Stafford.

It was a great catch up Roger, 4 Stokers from our commish together for the 1st time in 40 odd years, Mick Drake, Rob "Pusser" Hill, Jacko and myself, reckon the lamps are still swinging. Pity you weren't there in your capacity as honorary member to make up the quintet...

revbluejeans
06-02-16, 11:51
We've been doing quite a bit of catching up since though.

loftysmudge
06-02-16, 16:37
We've been doing quite a bit of catching up since though.

We certainly have and all being well a bit more in Guzz in April.