PDA

View Full Version : Ian Grimes

Ianmac
11-02-18, 14:13
We have been informed that Ian Grimes who served in Lowestoft during the 1965-1967 commission sadly 'crossed the bar' on 11th February 2018.

Ian was a Seaman TAS(UW) who joined the RN at Ganges in 1960. He also served in Vernon, Eastbourne, Repton, Bellerophon, Ganges(ships com), Neptune, Puncheston, Yarnton, Hubberston and left the RN in 1972.

An early member of the Association, Ian attended almost all of the annual "Jolly Boys" runs ashore at the UJC and thoroughly enjoyed his trips down from South Yorks to 'swing the lamp' with his old chums from 65-67.

RIP Ian

loftysmudge
11-02-18, 14:21
RIP Shippers, may you find slight winds and calm seas.

bonzo
11-02-18, 21:52
RIP Ian Grimes. It was a pleasure to spend time with you at the UJC on a few occasions.

sabie
11-02-18, 23:56
Sad news.
Was hoping for another meet at the UJC but it wasn’t to be.
Rest in peace old buddy, always remembered.

jimbob
19-02-18, 16:14
Very sad news indeed,I served with nipper on the Eastbourne,we were in junior rates mess together,and boy what a commission we had,memories from that 2years has stayed with me ever since,I expect Ian thought the same(Geraldton comes vividly to mind)We then meet up again on the Lowie,another great commish,I do hope Ian’s missus has forgiven me for my indiscretions while we were in Pompey and Ian was QM and I arrived back on board absolutely r*tarsed of course Ian let me onboard and got trooped for the favour while his good wife was waiting ashore for him,guess who trooped him??Anyway shipmate rest easy your watch has been well and truly done,will miss you

thomash123
21-02-18, 23:38
Very sad news, thoughts are with his family.rip