PDA

View Full Version : Geoff Little

Ianmac
30-05-18, 09:13
It is with much sadness that I have to inform you that Geoff Little [Oldgordon] ‘crossed the bar’ on the 30th May 2018 aged 76.
Geoff, who joined the RN in 1958 served as a Stoker on the Lowestoft’s first commission and also served in HM Ship’s Protector, Carron and Whitby. On leaving the Navy he was an HGV/Coach driver until retiring in 2006.
He was one of our initial members back in 2009 and a keen supporter of the Lowestoft Association who attended most of our reunions despite being in poor health for the past few years. Always first to offer to contribute, whether it be to sponsor a bottle of Pusser’s rum for the reunion or a poppy wreath for our NMA tree/plaque, he had a heart of gold combined with his ‘matelot’ sense of humour.
I will miss our regular chats on Skype when we would ‘swing the lamp’, share a few messdeck type jokes and have a good laugh about people and life in general.
For many years he was involved in the annual RBL Poppy Appeal in the Norwich area giving many hours of his time and effort organising and collecting donations for this worthwhile cause. He also enjoyed a game of bowls and when he was fit travelled extensively around the UK for tournaments.
Geoff was a true ‘Oppo’ and it was a great honour and pleasure to have known and served with him.

RIP Geoff, you will not be forgotten...............4943

http://ultraimg.com/images/2018/05/30/MBKx.jpg

loftysmudge
30-05-18, 10:36
Good one Ian, very well said, I first met Geoff at the 1st reunion in Chatham, and the first thing he did was buy me a drink and tell me an awful joke, he had a store of those. What a difference between then and the last reunion at Hinckley, but he still told the jokes....RIP Geoff, you will be missed.

Richie
30-05-18, 11:06
Sad news, a great guy will be much missed

Simon
30-05-18, 14:01
Great shame. Too many already this year. RIP Gentlemen.

Doug
30-05-18, 14:55
Really nice guy, you will be missed RIP

jacko
30-05-18, 16:37
RIP Geoff , we had a chat in Chatham at the 1st reunion he was a great guy.

Alan Stevens
31-05-18, 15:51
So sorry to hear the news of Geoff crossing the bar, will miss you Geoff, enjoyed our chats at the reunions.
Geoff’s most famous quote - what do you call a ship without stokers A SHOREBASE -

RIP

loftysmudge
31-05-18, 19:20
So sorry to hear the news of Geoff crossing the bar, will miss you Geoff, enjoyed our chats at the reunions.
Geoff’s most famous quote - what do you call a ship without stokers A SHOREBASE -

RIP

Can picture him saying that Alan.

loftysmudge
02-06-18, 15:15
Mentioned Geoff. today in the little eulogy I give before our RNA meeting's.

thomash123
02-06-18, 23:28
Real nice words Ian.

RIP.

Ianmac
05-06-18, 13:20
Geoffs funeral details are:

Monday 11th June at 10.15, Earlham Road Crematorium, Norwich.

I hope some of our members who live close enough will be able to attend. I will have a tot to you Geoff at the appropriate time.

loftysmudge
05-06-18, 16:17

I hope some of our members who live close enough will be able to attend. I will have a tot to you Geoff at the appropriate time.

I'll join you in that Ian.

loftysmudge
07-06-18, 09:30

Good Morning Gents, a brief updates on Geoff's funeral, I have heard from Pat, Geoff's Partner, that he is being Cremated in his Lowie Polo Shirt and the Lowie Association fleece as he requested, he has also requested that anyone attending doesn't wear Mourning clothes, bright colours only. There will be a British Legion Standard in attendance and also the Norwich RNA Standard, Geoff was a member there. So all in all a decent send off for him. As mentioned above Ian is having a tot at the appropriate time, and I am also having one to wish Geoff a proper Naval farewell, hope some others will also join us in this, even so early in the day.

And lets hope he finds calm seas and gentle winds after his long illness. RIP Geoff.

Ianmac
07-06-18, 14:14
The Order of Service produced by the marketing and media company that Geoff's sister Linda works for.......

http://ultraimg.com/images/2018/06/07/MiB4.jpg

http://ultraimg.com/images/2018/06/07/MiBC.jpg

loftysmudge
27-06-18, 11:33
Good Morning Gents, a brief updates on Geoff's funeral, I have heard from Pat, Geoff's Partner, that he is being Cremated in his Lowie Polo Shirt and the Lowie Association fleece as he requested, he has also requested that anyone attending doesn't wear Mourning clothes, bright colours only. There will be a British Legion Standard in attendance and also the Norwich RNA Standard, Geoff was a member there. So all in all a decent send off for him. As mentioned above Ian is having a tot at the appropriate time, and I am also having one to wish Geoff a proper Naval farewell, hope some others will also join us in this, even so early in the day.

And lets hope he finds calm seas and gentle winds after his long illness. RIP Geoff.

From all account's Geoff's funeral went off very well, an ex Lowie S/C member, RNA RBL all attended, there was a Guard of Honour provided by Norwich RNA and RBL members with both Standards displayed, and a White Ensign on the coffin. Also a little message from Geoff was read out saying that he expected to see people " Dancing on his grave" Which is typical Geoff. Actually his ashes are to be scattered on the river Mersey as he originates from Liverpool. Once again RIP Geoff, you were one on your own.

Ianmac
27-06-18, 12:57
I'm very glad that Geoff had the suitable send off from the RNA & RBL that he well deserved.