PDA

View Full Version : Paul (Leo) Sayers

Richie
27-12-19, 11:55
Sad to report that Leo lost his long battle and crossed the the bar at 1100 on Christmas Eve. I had the pleasure of serving with Leo on the Lowie (80-83). Although he missed the last 2 reunions he always enjoyed the ones he attended. Special thanks to his great oppo Martin Calvert for keeping us updated on him and passing on our best wishes to him which I know Leo appreciated.
Sleep tight oppo your watch is done

Ianmac
27-12-19, 13:12
Very sorry to hear the sad news about Leo, it was always a pleasure to see him at the reunions he attended and as Richie said he enjoyed very much meeting his old oppos and all Lowie's.
He very bravely fought a long hard battle and now he is at peace.
RIP Leo it was an honour to have known you.

5056.............................................. ..............................................5057

muskrat
27-12-19, 15:42
RIP Leo and condolences to his family .

Richie
31-12-19, 10:34
Leo Sayers, funeral will be on 27th January, 2pm at Long Sutton Church, followed by cremation at Kings Lynn at 3.15.

elkcub
31-12-19, 20:06
I was very sad to read that Leo had crossed the bar. It was a long fight indeed and bravely fought. He had enjoyed some happy times at the Veterans' holiday cabin here in Swanage and I know he was really looking forward to another visit soon. Both Jay and I have fond memories of him at re-unions, so full of life and totally unselfish. R.I.P. Leo. Charles B.

loftysmudge
02-01-20, 11:53
RIP Leo, it was pleasure to meet you at the reunions. Hope you find calm waters.

thomash123
03-01-20, 22:52
RIP mate. Best regards to the family.

Wilf Pickles
30-04-20, 16:18
Very sad to hear Leo has left us. I served with Leo on Lowestoft 79-81 and I remember him well as a fellow WE. We have met several times at reunions it was always a pleasure to see and chat to him. RIP Leo

Wilf Pickles