PDA

View Full Version : Harvey Johnson

Ianmac
21-09-24, 12:11
It is with great regret that I have to inform you that Harvey (Johno) Johnson 'crossed the bar' aged just 68 on Thursday 19 September.
A keen cyclist he had gone from his home at Purbrook for a bike ride to Southsea and on his return he suffered cardiac arrest at the top of Portsdown Hill.
Harvey attended all of our reunions and did 'piping party' on a few occasions and always brought his Lowestoft memorabilia and helped with the hotel arrangements.
I found him a quiet and unassuming guy who was always a pleasure to meet and we will miss him greatly.

RIP Harvey..........5178.............................. ........5179

Sandy Sanders
21-09-24, 13:59
I am so sad to hear this news, I was one of the many who sailed with Johno on the Lowestoft in the 1970s, he was always a great shipmate, and he was still the same years later at the 1st reunion, he would be there with a ready smile, a great sense of humour and would pitch in to help others whenever he could. He will be missed greatly.
RIP Johno

bonzo
21-09-24, 15:04
Well said Ian and Sandy. I too am deeply shocked and saddened by this news. Johnno was such a lovely man and I will miss him greatly especially at our reunions. Always there with a friendly smile and willingness to help. He always read my lottery tickets (not an easy job) when I helped to deliver the goods to the lucky ones. Very,very unexpected news.....RIP good friend.

loftysmudge
21-09-24, 16:36
Very sad news, RIP Johno.

jimdavis
21-09-24, 17:50
This is so sad to hear. Met him a few times at reunions, though modest and quiet he was obviously clever and a joy to chat with. Always thought he was much younger than Reg and me.
We shall miss him.