PDA

View Full Version : Keith Boseley

Ianmac
12-09-11, 17:37
sabie Posted: December 18, 2010 12:47 pm

After 12 months of searching the internet to try and find a couple of old shipmate
buddies. Chris and Keith Boseley [Brothers] I finally tracked down Chris, living in
Townsville, Nr Brisbane, Australia. Emigrated there just over 2 years ago.
It is with great sadness that I have to report that Keith died of a heart attack in 1991, aged only 45.
Keith liked a game of football, and supported some 3rd rate team called Tottenham.
Well liked in the mess and always game for a laugh.
Chris tells me that Keith transferred to the Regulating Branch and had a cushy number in Whitehall.
Left the Andrew in the early 70’s and lived in Walthamstow and had a butchers shop on
Walthamstow market, before going north and setting up a record shop.
Keith will be well missed and our hopes of finding him and having a bit of a reunion [piss-up] are well and truly scuppered.

Rest in peace Keith. Always remembered.

Regards, Bob, Elsie, Jim R.

242 9

Ianmac
12-09-11, 17:39
jimbob Posted: December 20, 2010 01:15 pm

I can only add sadness to what Bob has already mentioned, I'm well and truly gutted,lovely guy in every respect,
Bon voyage Keith.

Ianmac
12-09-11, 17:40
Jock Dickson Posted: December 20, 2010 04:05 pm

I remember them well, both nice lads. Keith will be sadly missed by all the crew who served with him.
Jock

Ianmac
12-09-11, 17:41
wbf Posted: December 22, 2010 10:59 pm

I am so sad to hear about the death of Keith Boseley. He was in the jungle mess with me on my first ship HMS Dundas in 1968 and was one of the nicest blokes you could ever wish to meet.

He was always cracking a joke in his good old cockney accent and took me under his wing as I was very green to say the least. There were so many 3 badge AB's and 3 badge killicks in the mess that Keith probably felt sorry for me.

I remember he and I used to enjoy playing tombola at the club just opposite HMS Rooke and the football pitches and a few pints with the rest of the lads afterwards.

So very sad. RIP Keith.

Jed
04-06-12, 17:00
Only just read this - so very, very sad. Remember Chris and Keith very well - good Cockney lads - a good laugh both of 'em!

Chris, Keith and I went up to Fraser's Hill (Malaysia) for Christmas together 1965-66 - a week away from Lowie to sample "some culture" so I'm told! LOL! By the way, we were in Singers at the time. All I can remember of the trip was the football match - I played in it! - being cancelled because of a monsoon. Oh yeah, and the Benedictine that we were quaffing - in this 'cultural' retreat/rest home - every evening! For some strange reason, this was "flavour of the day" at the time. Never touched the stuff since!

Rosie and Oli' (both ABs) were with us too if memory serves plus AN other (can't remember who).

So very sad to read about this!

Jed.

jimbob
09-07-12, 15:41
Only just read this - so very, very sad. Remember Chris and Keith very well - good Cockney lads - a good laugh both of 'em!

Chris, Keith and I went up to Fraser's Hill (Malaysia) for Christmas together 1965-66 - a week away from Lowie to sample "some culture" so I'm told! LOL! By the way, we were in Singers at the time. All I can remember of the trip was the football match - I played in it! - being cancelled because of a monsoon. Oh yeah, and the Benedictine that we were quaffing - in this 'cultural' retreat/rest home - every evening! For some strange reason, this was "flavour of the day" at the time. Never touched the stuff since!

Rosie and Oli' (both ABs) were with us too if memory serves plus AN other (can't remember who).

So very sad to read about this!

Jed.

Hello Jed,
Names Jim Riley (Jimbob)we were both on board during our far east trip,but for the life of me I cannot recall you.I was reading your memories of you and the Boseley boys,I knew them both very well,both junior gunnery rates,also spent a fair bit of time with Keith due to our involvement in football.But such a sad ending to a great guy,I'm off to Ozz in November,meeting up with Dexley (Johnno)Johnson and Chris Boseley (both our commish).Remember Rosie from our mess,can't recall an Olly though.You seem to have done some wonderful things since leaving the mob,Kuodo's to you.Kind regards Jim