PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm (Pedlar) Palmer

Ianmac
12-09-11, 17:59
The following has been received via the "Guestbook" from Malcolm's son Aaron.

My dad passed away on Sunday 10th of July2011, his name is Malcolm Palmer, so went by the name of Pedlar.
I have come across his service record and he served on Lowestoft a few times 13 June 76-16th March 77, 6th May 77-19th July 77, 20th July 77- 25 June 78 and 8th April 80-2nd Aug 81.
His rank and number was POMEM(M) 083228, although the first 3 times he was an A/POMEM(M).
DOES anyone remember him??? it would be great to hear any stories you have about him.

Ianmac
12-09-11, 18:00
bonzo Posted: July 13, 2011 08:54 pm

Yes, if this is the same Pedler Palmer I knew, the last time I saw him was in Falmouth in the early eighties.
He was on a Fleet Tender called Ickworth Exfield ? or something.It was painted grey and had navy divers onboard. Also another old oppo on there was Burglar Dennis.
Pedlar was a comedian and all round nice bloke and we had a lot of laughs together. I really hope maybe it is not him who has passed away. Would need to see a photo to be sure.Always had a cheeky smile on his face, great fella.

Ianmac
12-09-11, 18:02
tomburke Posted: July 14, 2011 07:35 am

I noticed on the guestbook page that Pedlar Palmer's son posted a notice that his father had passed away on 10/07/2011. He served circa '75 - '78. He was a smashing guy who always had a smile for everyone. I'm sure Dave Roe and Tim Arnold for example will remember him. I have replied to his son by e-mail, but he is looking for anyone else who has any stories/dits to send them to him. in closing i would like to point out that Pedlar's son's post is number 103 !!. how about that for a strange coincidence ?

Wilf Pickles
30-09-16, 13:37
I remember Pedlar really well we were in the after PO's mess at the same time. Pedlar and I had a bet on whether the moody Blues had a past hit record called "Go Now". We were in Gibraltar at the time and after a phone call Gib Radio played the track on air to prove i was right. Thanks for the memory and the barrel of CSB which we all enjoyed.