Ianmac
12-09-11, 18:56
I have been informed by Max's wife Janet that sadly he "crossed the bar" on Saturday 13th August 2011.
He had been in hospital for what he called a 'minor' heart operation just a few weeks ago and was looking forward to getting back to leading a full life.
I didn't know Max personally but since he joined the Association a few months ago he did a lot of work behind the scenes to promote the Association and the reunion in the Kent area. We had a lot of contact via email and he obviously had retained his 'matelots' sense of humour.
He was particularly looking forward to the reunion and meeting up again with old shipmates and Admiral Sir John Treacher his former Captain, who he described to me as his 'role model'
Max served in Lowestoft 1965-1967 as an ERA2 and subsequently went to Dartmouth as an 'Upper Yardsman' and gained his commission.
On leaving the RN he worked in sales for IBM for over 20 years before retirement.
I have sent our condolences on behalf of the Association to his wife and family.
RIP Max
He had been in hospital for what he called a 'minor' heart operation just a few weeks ago and was looking forward to getting back to leading a full life.
I didn't know Max personally but since he joined the Association a few months ago he did a lot of work behind the scenes to promote the Association and the reunion in the Kent area. We had a lot of contact via email and he obviously had retained his 'matelots' sense of humour.
He was particularly looking forward to the reunion and meeting up again with old shipmates and Admiral Sir John Treacher his former Captain, who he described to me as his 'role model'
Max served in Lowestoft 1965-1967 as an ERA2 and subsequently went to Dartmouth as an 'Upper Yardsman' and gained his commission.
On leaving the RN he worked in sales for IBM for over 20 years before retirement.
I have sent our condolences on behalf of the Association to his wife and family.
RIP Max