PDA

View Full Version : Ken Long

Ianmac
03-12-13, 12:20
We have been informed that one of our members Ken (Dodger) Long who was a Sparker (RO) on the 64-67 commission sadly "crossed the bar" on Sat 30th November 2013.

Jock Dickson
03-12-13, 13:06
R.I.P. Dodger, you were a great mate and run-ashore oppo. Memories of legendary runs down Bugis Street come to mind. You will be seriously missed by all those who came in contact with you. A larger-than-life type who was always smiling and offering to help. I will miss you.
Jock Dickson

Mick Drake
03-12-13, 18:00
Although Dodger and I must have been onboard together for a period in 64/65 I cannot say I recall him, but never the less I can say that he was a shipmate of mine as we were there together.
Rest in peace shipmate & I will raise a toast to you this evening in rememberence.

thomash123
04-12-13, 00:41
RIP Dodger my thoughts are with your family.

jimbob
04-12-13, 03:57
Didn't know you too well Dodger,but always a damn shame when a shipmate crosses the bar,condolences to your family and friends

loftysmudge
05-12-13, 15:10
Didn't know you too well Dodger,but always a damn shame when a shipmate crosses the bar,condolences to your family and friends

And from me too.

Jock Dickson
27-12-13, 13:44
Posted on behalf of Pete "Happy" Harper

Very sad news to hear about my dear old mate "Dodger" Long. We were good mates and had some great adventures. RIP

Ianmac
24-05-14, 20:15
Copied from the 'Guestbook' from Ken's niece, Alison Pettitt

Ken (Dodger) Long was my Uncle & he kept us entertained often with his Navy larks - the one's that stand out are one that involves an Orangutang being taken aboard after a particularly raucus evening ashore, & the image of it walking down the gang plank hand in hand with the crew member who has taken it from the Zoo (in Singapore I believe), & when he was arrested whilst in charge of a broomstick & appeared in court the following morning. The officer charging him said something like: 'When I asked where they thought they were going with the broom, Mr Long replied, To the moon, hop on.' Miss him loads.

loftysmudge
25-05-14, 14:49
Copied from the 'Guestbook' from Ken's niece, Alison Pettitt

Brilliant that RIP Ken.