PDA

View Full Version : Clive Richard Black

Ianmac
16-04-14, 17:58
The Association has been informed that Clive Richard Black 'crossed the bar' due to lung cancer aged 57 on the 22nd August 1988. He served onboard LOWESTOFT as the CPO Coxswain during the 1963-1964 commission.
After leaving the RN Clive followed a career in the Prison Service.

loftysmudge
16-04-14, 18:54
The Association has been informed that Clive Richard Black 'crossed the bar' due to lung cancer aged 57 on the 22nd August 1988. He served onboard LOWESTOFT as the CPO Coxswain during the 1963-1964 commission.
After leaving the RN Clive followed a career in the Prison Service.
Sorry to hear about that, and not too great an age either. Lung Cancer eh? Can't remember if he was a heavy smoker, though weren't most of us in those days. I remember him as a disciplinarian but fair in his dealings with everyone. Of course he would pick most of us up for a haircut at the pay parade. I am pretty sure he is in one of the pictures of the collision, there are a group stood on the bow looking at the damage and I reckon he is one of them. RIP 'Swain.

Richie
16-04-14, 22:06
Stand Easy Seafarer

thomash123
17-04-14, 18:23
Sorry to hear this RIP mate.

jacko
18-04-14, 17:01
RIP SHIPMATE

Cornish Girl
05-06-15, 19:10
I am proud to say that Clive Richard Black was my dad. He actually died of liver cancer, not lung cancer. Thank you for posting this memoriam for him, it was actually posted on his birthday which is quite a coincidence!

Doug
05-06-15, 22:01
I am proud to say that Clive Richard Black was my dad. He actually died of liver cancer, not lung cancer. Thank you for posting this memoriam for him, it was actually posted on his birthday which is quite a coincidence!

Rachael,
I am sorry to hear of your loss, I served on the Lowie a decade after you dad so did not know him but I am sure many of our members did. If you have not already been told there is a tree and plaque at the National Abetorium (not sure I spelt that correct) to all ex. Lowies. There are pictures on the forum, if you have trouble finding them I am sure Ian will help.

We have a saying once a Lowie always a Lowie and that extends to family as well.

Cornish Girl
06-06-15, 16:56
Rachael,
I am sorry to hear of your loss, I served on the Lowie a decade after you dad so did not know him but I am sure many of our members did. If you have not already been told there is a tree and plaque at the National Abetorium (not sure I spelt that correct) to all ex. Lowies. There are pictures on the forum, if you have trouble finding them I am sure Ian will help.

We have a saying once a Lowie always a Lowie and that extends to family as well.

Thank you Doug. I am looking forward to having a good rummage around this site to see what I can find. Ian has already been very helpful.