Thread: Harvey Johnson

Ensign Harvey Johnson

It is with great regret that I have to inform you that Harvey (Johno) Johnson 'crossed the bar' aged just 68 on Thursday 19 September.
    A keen cyclist he had gone from his home at Purbrook for a bike ride to Southsea and on his return he suffered cardiac arrest at the top of Portsdown Hill.
    Harvey attended all of our reunions and did 'piping party' on a few occasions and always brought his Lowestoft memorabilia and helped with the hotel arrangements.
    I found him a quiet and unassuming guy who was always a pleasure to meet and we will miss him greatly.

RIP Harvey..........Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harvey Johnson.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	5178......................................Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ensign[1].gif 
Views:	10 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	5179

I am so sad to hear this news, I was one of the many who sailed with Johno on the Lowestoft in the 1970s, he was always a great shipmate, and he was still the same years later at the 1st reunion, he would be there with a ready smile, a great sense of humour and would pitch in to help others whenever he could. He will be missed greatly.
    RIP Johno
    My time to pass or come again, the wheel of life keeps turning.

Well said Ian and Sandy. I too am deeply shocked and saddened by this news. Johnno was such a lovely man and I will miss him greatly especially at our reunions. Always there with a friendly smile and willingness to help. He always read my lottery tickets (not an easy job) when I helped to deliver the goods to the lucky ones. Very,very unexpected news.....RIP good friend.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Heald Green Cheshire NOT Greater Manchester!!!
    Very sad news, RIP Johno.
    "Wot,no Airlocks on the Lowie!!!!"

This is so sad to hear. Met him a few times at reunions, though modest and quiet he was obviously clever and a joy to chat with. Always thought he was much younger than Reg and me.
    We shall miss him.