Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jim Riley

Quote Originally Posted by sabie View Post
    Very sad news, Jim’s passing.
    Jim and I were good mates, we served on Lowie together same mess 65-67.
    It was Jim’s idea that started the reunions.
    On our first meet at the UJC. Just three of us, Jim R, Jim (Elsie) and me back in 2010
    Jim suggested we should try and get a reunion to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the launch of Lowestoft in 61.
    I had a Lowestoft website and was attracting members.
    Ian being one of the first to join and took up the challenge of organizing our reunions.
    A keen football player and played for the Lowie team. Roped me in to do refereeing.
    Jim was always up for a challenge, as he was with his bungee jump.
    I told him at the time he wants locking up and not to be let out in public.

A good friend and greatly missed. Sending sincere condolences to Sue and Zara and family.
    Rest in peace my old mate.
    Lacking motivation to do much if anything at all this week. With the loss of Jim, a little bit of the fabric of life itself has been taken away, with no-one I'm guessing, among us, more affected than you. The image of him fearlessly doing that Geronimo leap into the unknown helped Bob. Thank you.
    Last edited by jimdavis; Today at 12:04.

I too have been feeling it this past week with two oppos suddenly dropping off the old coil. Makes me consider my own future, as im sure others do, concerning future arrangements, loose ends of which there are many etrc. Ive been directed to sort out the stuff up the attic as Carol cant get up there. My metal detecting finds need collating and perhaps selling. I did consider living for ever but that may not be the case I fear so stops will have to be pulled out and sorting done. I know this is a strange post but I really have felt fatalistic the past few days. Jim Riley and dear Johnno, so hard to come to grips with.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been.